Sunday, April 22, 2012

Why I hate religion

I used that title on purpose hopefully to capture attention. If your reading this then then it worked. There is truth to the statement though. I do hate religion. Before you turn me off, give me a little of your time to consider my points.
I'll make some commitments to you:

First:  I'll won't get into some long wordy discussion of the topic. I will try to be concise.
.
Second:  I will give the  truth and that in the confines of scripture. ( If you don't believe in the veracity and authority of the Bible this will be difficult for you but not impossible)

 I like definitions and etymology of words so I begin with a definition;

re·li·gion                                                   

noun \ri-ˈli-jən\

Definition of RELIGION

1
a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion> b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance

2: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices 

 It's the second part that I want to look at. You see religion can be a lot about believing about something or someone. Believing in something or someone  is different..Hopefully we can see the difference and that will help free us.

I want to make clear I do not hate any race of people on the planet!!!!! But there are things that people believe that I do hate because it is destructive!!!!   (more to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment